Nick Leith-Smith A+D
We are a specialist architecture and design practice dedicated to creating spaces that transcend the ordinary, honour individuality and promote sustainability.
We are a London-based award-winning, multidisciplinary architecture and design studio with a renowned international client base.
Founded in 2000, our portfolio spans luxury retail design, the arts, hospitality and high-end residential work.
Our team go beyond simply creating visually appealing architecture, interiors and furniture; we craft environments that instil a sense of belonging.
We are dedicated to pushing the boundaries of our craft, and to championing sustainable solutions that harmonise with our commitment to innovative design.
Every project we undertake is a journey in collaboration with the client, and every space we create serves as a vehicle to cultivate and nurture meaningful relationships.
With our unwavering commitment to craftsmanship, sustainability and innovation, we are trusted by prestigious global brands to craft transformative spaces that enrich the lives of those who inhabit them.
Nick Leith-Smith, Architect + Partner
At the helm of the studio is founder Nick Leith-Smith.
Nick embodies a client-centric ethos, approaching projects with humility and expertise, and facing challenges with sensitivity and resillience.
Nick’s approach of listening first, and then being heard, gives clients a stronger voice in realising their vision. Translating this attentive understanding into action, Nick transforms each vision into a physical space that enriches lives by fostering a sense of belonging.
Championing an unwavering commitment to challenging the status quo, Nick’s acute attention to detail ensures that each project is a testament to craftsmanship. He is constantly seeking to deepen his understanding of the evolving needs of consumers and brands, and deciphering how these changes affect the landscape of architecture and design. This meticulous approach keeps Nick’s firm at the very top of the luxury design sector.
Meanwhile, Nick’s international spirit, ignited by his growing up in Hong Kong, infuses a freshness and unique perspective into every project.
How We Work
At Nick Leith-Smith Architecture + Design, the way in which we work is driven by three core principles:
- We place people at the heart of each project, embracing collaboration with our clients and partners to empower collective strengths. Expertly shaping our craft around each client’s vision, we create spaces that are not only beautifully designed, but also deeply connected and personal.
- We are constantly striving to push the boundaries of our craft by harnessing the latest technological and material innovations, embracing shifts in the landscape of architecture and design, and deepening our understanding of the needs of consumers and brands.
- We embrace sustainable practices, seeking out material and technological solutions that respond to the ever-evolving needs of a world that rightly places increasing emphasis on community and the local. Across all of our projects, we focus on reducing energy, waste and carbon footprint, offering expertise in designing environmentally responsible spaces and buildings.
Our services are reflected through our diverse portfolio of projects spanning multiple sectors including residential, retail, hospitality, office, leisure, cultural, education, master planning and landscaping.
We combine architecture, interiors, products and furniture to create spaces that enrich the environments in which they are situated, and the experience and lives of those who interact with them.
Our specialities include:
- International retail projects for the fashion and luxury brand market
- High-quality residential projects, including listed and conservation buildings
- Headquarters, regional and international offices for corporates and Plcs
- National and international leisure and hospitality projects
- Cultural pavilions and installations
- New build private homes
We are proud to have worked with a diverse range of clients, and our design services are retained by globally-renowned businesses and luxury brands, public companies, private individuals and property developers.
In working with our clients, our open and fluent process is testament to the strength of our partnerships and collaborative spirit upon which the practice was founded.
- Manolo Blahnik
- Harvey Nichols
- Malone Souliers
- Design Museum
- South Kensington Estates
- Brown Thomas
- Kurt Geiger
- Grainger Plc
Nick Leith Smith A+D has achieved multiple design accolades over the years and has also had the honour of sitting on judging panels for some of the design world’s most prestigious awards.
Most recently we were delighted to win a gold medal at the International Design Awards for Manolo Blahnik’s new shop in Malaysia, and a double honour at the Houzz 2017 Awards. We have also won awards at the Hong Kong Design Awards + Summit and the Design 100 Awards.
We have also received nominations in the following prestigious design awards:
- FX Design Awards
- WIN Awards
- Conde Nast
- Design Week
- Restaurant and Bar Design Awards
- Retail Week Interiors Awards